- -Winter Weather Advisory issued for areas along and west of the Blue Ridge from 10am Monday - 7pm.
- -A light mix of sleet, freezing rain and some snow develops after lunch. Minor ice accretion is possible, however, it doesn’t take much to cause issues.
- -Not as cold the rest of the week, with chances of rain every few days.
We’ll start out our work week with a bout with winter. We’re seeing the clouds increase this morning, with moisture arriving later this afternoon.
After a dry morning, look for a mixed bag of precipitation this afternoon. While air at the surface is right at freezing, if not below, air upstairs is actually relatively warm. Therefore, little if any snow will fall, instead, we’ll see mostly sleet and freezing rain.
- Any time after the noon hour for most of us, western locations will see the onset of the precipitation a little earlier.
- Sleet and Freezing Rain will impact elevated surfaces, bridges and sidewalks and anything untreated. Tricky travel possible for the afternoon commute.
- Anything that falls this afternoon, will end as we progress through the evening and the overnight as temperatures continue to linger right around freezing.
Looking ahead, a warm up, ironically, starts tomorrow. Temperatures in the 40s Tuesday and Wednesday. Even warmer on Thursday. Rain chances also increase by the close of the week, but highs near 50 by Friday! Don’t get too used to it though, another cool down by the weekend.
Find out more HERE.