When it comes to being likeable, your actions speak louder than your words. But if you have the actions to back them up, these six phrases can help make people like you even more than they already do.
1. "Sir" or "Ma'am." Most people these days don't make an effort to show respect. If you do, it makes you stand out in a good way.
2. "You're welcome." If someone thanks you and you say, "No problem," it sounds like it was no big deal for you. But if you say "You're welcome," it shows that you did something SIGNIFICANT for them . . . and they'll appreciate you more.
3. "Here's what's happening." People like to be kept in the loop. So say this to remind people that you know what's going on, and you're about to fill them in.
4. "How can I help?" It not only shows that you're about to give someone a hand, but it also says you're WILLING to give a hand.
5. "I'll find out." This one is great because it says that you're about to go out of your way to help someone else who needs it.
6. "I believe in you." It inspires people to try harder and achieve more. And no one ever forgets the people who inspired them. (Yahoo! Small Business)